Now that's a big project. I'm going to make a samurai costume. For the body armor i'll use foam rubber and for the mempo facemask i going to work with liquid latex the first time. I'm really looking forward to that project, especially to the mask making. And here is a Kabuto samurai helmet i made. It's basically made out of cardboard. Maybe i'll try to make one out of foam rubber as well. I really want to use a soft material so that it can absorb hits on the head without scratching the helmet.
That is AMAZING! I'm very amazed by your creations but I kept wondering What materials do you use for casting the mempo and the kabutos?
AntwortenLöschenAnd why your blog is mx Are you from México?
KEep up the good work!
Thank you very much!
LöschenI use "Polyurethan Gießharz" or "Resin" for casting. It's a plastic like material and pretty strong. You can even throw the kabuto on the floor on it's edge and it won't break while i made it only 2mm thick.
I quess the blog opens specifically for the country you're in. So you are from mexico i presume?! I'm actually from Austria.